The Drilling Manager would be responsible for the leadership and management of the group/s drilling operations in the Scotland in relation to both production and to development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(To be listed in order of priority – generally no more than 12.)
Leadership of the drilling team and drilling operations across the spectrum of drilling and drilling associated activities
Specific responsibility for HSEC performance and compliance in all production drilling areas
Focus on improving efficiency and value of the drilling program and taking a major role in the drilling review currently underway to ensure that the company retains robust commercial margins which will include control of costs and improvement, on a continuous basis, of drilling efficiency of field
Assist in design, direction and control of petroleum exploration parties when engaged in drilling pilot or exploration wells
HEALTH SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
Actively support client’s commitment to occupational health and safety and the environment, including:
? Adopting standard safe work practices and procedures in accordance with client’s safety policies.
? Eliminating or reporting workplace hazards, taking part in safety drills and other activities and supporting the work of safety representatives and committees
? Conducting activities in accordance with client’s environmental policies, codes and guidelines, in particular minimising energy and material usage in the workplace.
? Degree in Drilling or Petroleum Engineering or related fields preferable and/or be able to demonstrate extensive industry experience as a manager and field operator of not less than 10 years.
? Extensive industry experience showing good history of leadership and ability to manage drilling operations, including contract management, staffing and budgeting.
? Experience in directional drilling in coal seams
KEY SKILLS / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
• Self motivated, high initiative and adaptability
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Willing to follow internal procedures and controls
• Dedicated team player with ability to multi task
• Well organised with attention to detail
• Able to work effectively within an executive management team.
• Professional presentation and manner at all times
• Have a flexible approach in working hours to meet varying workloads and operational demands
• Sound written and oral communication skills with ability to liaise with all levels of management and staff
Monetary Measures TBD
Sales Revenue: TBD
Operating Budget: TBD
Number of Staff: - Direct 4
- Indirect 60
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION
1. Direction is provided in terms of objectives which may require the planning of staff, time and material resources for their completion. Limited detailed guidance will be available and the development or modification of procedures by the employee may be required. Performance will be measured against objectives.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
• Operating techniques
• Disciplinary matters
1. The jobholder is confronted with more complex and varied situations requiring analytical thinking and background investigation to identify and resolve. Through prior experience and knowledge of well-defined organisational work procedures, the jobholder resolves operational issues and/or provides input to business solutions.
2. Within clear organisational policies and business/professional principles jobholder applies analytical thinking to diverse problems. Diagnoses and develops solutions and may carry these through to implementation
3. Acting within broadly defined policies and specific/immediate objectives, the jobholder evaluates and constructs solutions highly diverse situations. Develops and promotes strategy for a business unit, profit centre or large functional department.
4. Within general organisational strategic direction and policy and broadly defined business objectives, jobholder will develop solutions to undefined and interdependent problems with long term implications for a major business unit.
Our Client is still accepting Resumes. They have not communicated with feedback regarding Candidate Resumes presented to date.
Need more information? Prominent Personnel (firstname.lastname@example.org)